As content designers, the most important thing we can have is empathy. I believe it should drive and underpin everything we do. When you are designing an application for example, always think about how that user is feeling in that context, in that moment. Are they frustrated? Excited? Do they need reassurance? Wouldn’t it help them to know they may only need five minutes to complete a task?
My Top 7 Content Design Principles
- Be empathetic and human
- Context is everything. Clarity is also everything.
- Be open and conversational
- State your purpose. Be relevant.
- Be accessible
- Be supportive, and avoid appearing insensitive
- Offer concise, consistent navigation and calls to action
Please explore recent work I have done on content design and strategy: